From Encyclopedia Dramatica
Article of the Now
Abbey Road, released 26 September 1969 is the 11th album released by the Beatles. It is the last album that all the Beatles participated on before they all got sick and tired of John Lennon's villanous, Japanese, greedy souled, backstabbing Waifu Yoko Ono trying to run the show and broke up just after their final album Let It Be released. The album is mostly known for the George Harrison megahit Something and the Timothy Leary inspired song Come Together by John Lennon that is probably better known by most as a cover from Aerosmith.
Musically it is well received but it is best known for starting the pre-internet IRL meme of people visiting England and recreating the iconic album cover to send home to friends and family as a postcard when the pictures were developed. More recently it is known for all the butthurt One Direction started with Beatles fans when they copied the classic album cover in 2015 and claimed that they were "More Popular Than The Beatles".
Get it. In a March 1966 interview with The London Evening Standard John Lennon claimed "The Beatles Were More Popular Than Jesus" so by saying One Direction is more popular than the Beatles you are saying they are ultimately more popular than Jesus. Such clever word play.
—John Lennon. The world's first troll.
Suggest a Featured Article • View the AOTN Archives
Thread of the Now
i dont wanna go to prison
17 year old lolcow on the forum commits identity fraud. Forum users report him to the FBI to watch him freak out.
Did You Know...
From Encyclopædia Dramatica's endless supply of factoids:
- ... ED found a new frontend, so you can continue browsing the website. For like the 40th time.
- ... ED found a new provider, so we can continue having the offended page
- ... that Zaiger Nuked the forums. Join us on EDF3 - No zaigers allowed
- ... that Zaiger tried to create his own ED, with no users, and shitty content
- ... that Twitter verified us! Follow EDdotSE.
- ... that there's also ED_NewPages and #EDAOTN?
- ... that American ice cream company Ben & Jerry's is adding election meddling to their portfolio? FOR SJWS ONLY!
- ... that Cartoon Network is opening a hotel, presumably to make money of off autists and their already-tortured families?
- ... that Amazon has given the banhammer to a Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume?
- ... that "Article 13" has passed in the European Union and the draconian EU is attempting to basically ban memes? Amerifats need not worry (for now)...
- ... that Jews are currently kvetching about a Nazi-themed sex hotel room? OY VEY!
- ... that Art Bell, famous conspiracy radio host, has "died" and possibly has been taken out by the NWO for knowing too much?
- ... that some female tried (and failed epically) to prove she was as good a killer as a man when she only managed to wound some geeks at JewTube?
- ... that #BlackLivesMatter is still trying to prove that everyone hasn't forgotten that waaay out of fad hash via the white massa' that runs it now?
- ... that some some Syrians got killed or bombed or gassed or something and that it's something that Western nations should give a flaming shit about?
- ... that Dan "Show me your Feet" Schneider (best know for TV shows All That, Good Burger/Kenan and Kel, Drake & Josh, and iCarly) has been fired from Nickelodeon after a lengthy reign of terror?
Edit • Suggest a Did You Know